Dublin’s two Archbishops, Diarmuid Martin and Michael Jackson, have officially launched the Pilgrim Walk being run as part of the World Meeting of Families, walking with parishioners from St. Michan’s, Church of Ireland on Church Street to St. Michan’s Catholic Church on Halston Street.
Both Churches are one of seven around Dublin city that Pilgrims are invited to visit as part of a Pilgrim Walk “Dublin Camino”. The Pilgrim walk can be undertaken in a single day or over a few days during the week.
It involves visiting the seven churches and spending time in prayer in each of them for a special intention for families before finishing the visit with the World Meeting of Families prayer. Each pilgrim will be issued with a pilgrim walk passport which will be stamped at each church in the ancient tradition of the Camino of St James. A pilgrimage certificate of completion will be stamped when they arrive at the last of the seven churches. Each church will have a roster of ambassadors to meet the pilgrims, stamp their pilgrim passports and offer a WMOF cead míle fáilte. The churches can be visited in any order.
The route for the Pilgrim Walk includes the following Dublin churches:
• St Teresa’s Carmelite Church, Clarendon Street – the theme is “the gift of parents to the family”
• St Francis Xavier’s, Gardiner Street – the theme is “the role of teachers in enriching the children of our families”
• St Saviour’s, Dominick Street – the theme is “God walks with families when times are tough”
• St Michan’s, Halston Street – “the gift of children to the family”
• St Michan’s, Church Street – “fostering the gift of forgiveness among families”
• St Audoen’s Church, High Street – “the gift of grandparents to the family”
• Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Whitefriars), Aungier Street – “love at the heart of the family”
The Pilgrim Walk takes place from this Saturday 18th until Saturday 24th. All churches will remain open each day between 9.30am and 7pm. You can download the Pilgrim Walk map in PDF form at dublindiocese.ie/7-church-pilgrim-walk-for-wmof2018
• Full details of the Pilgrim Walk and the World Meeting of Families programme available at worldmeeting2018.ie